Dehradun Defence Academy- A ideal place for NDA training
NDA is one of the popular entrance exams in India. Every year thousands of candidates appear for the NDA exam but only a few can get success. All aspirants think How Do I Join NDA, NDA exam is a very good opportunity for those candidates who want to join Defence to serve the nation. NDA is a common entrance exam for all the three wings (Indian Army, Navy, and Airforce) of Indian Armed Forces. The finally selected candidates get pre-commissioned training at NDA which is situated in Khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra. The candidates who wish to get an entry in NDA must have qualified the entrance examination which is Dehradun Defence Academy provides Best NDA Coaching institute in Dehradun. The entrance exam of NDA is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year. UPSC conducts NDA entrance examination usually in March and August every year. Once you qualify the written entrance test of NDA, there are some other stages that you also have to qualify in order to earn final selection like SSB and medical test. Now, the question is “how to join NDA”? Many of you might have the same question. Well, you can go through this article to get an idea about how you can get success in NDA.
Join Dehradun Defence Academy to prepare for NDA exam
Dehradun Defence Academy is one of the best coaching academies for NDA preparations. Yes, Dehradun Defence Academy is the perfect answer to this question “how to join NDA”. Success in any field requires proper guidance that you will get from Dehradun Defence Academy. The experienced teachers, a professional mentor will prepare you not only for the written test but for the SSB interview as well.
Armed Forces look for candidates having outstanding stamina, courage, determination, decision-making skills, ability to work in a group, etc. Dehradun Defence Academy helps you to transform your personality as per the requirements of Defence Services to meet the challenges.
Why join Dehradun Defence Academy?
If you are also in the dilemma that “how to join NDA” then Dehradun Defence Academy will help you to come out of this dilemma. This is the place where you get to learn exactly what is required to be a professional in Defence Services also whether it is Indian Army, Navy or Airforce. Aspirants who are interested to get an entry in NDA Coaching institute after 10th in Dehradun through NDA are invited to join Dehradun Defence Academy. Dehradun Defence Academy provides you,
- Proper guidance for NDA selections
- Experienced faculty members and mentors
- Affordable fee structure
- Hostel facility
- Spacious and well-ventilated classrooms
- Different outdoor activities
- Good study material
- Weekly tests to analyze the preparation of the candidates so far, etc.
Eligibility Criteria to appear for NDA exam
Applying for the NDA exam is the first stage of “how to join NDA”. The candidates applying for the NDA exam must be aware of the eligibility criteria to make out whether they are eligible to apply for or not. The eligibility criteria to apply for the NDA entrance exam is as given here.
- The candidates must either be
- A citizen of India, OR
- A subject of Bhutan, OR
- A subject of Nepal, OR
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 intending to permanently set in India, OR
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire & Ethiopia or Vietnam intending to permanently settle in India
(Provided that a candidate belonging to categories 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India.)
Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- Only unmarried candidates are allowed to apply for the NDA exam.
- The minimum age to apply for the NDA exam is 16.5 years and maximum age is 19.5 years. The candidates must have not born earlier than 2nd January 2000 and not later than 1st January 2004.
- The candidates applying for the Indian Army through NDA exam must have passed 12th from a recognized Board.
- The candidates applying for Indian Airforce & Indian Naval Academy through the NDA exam must have passed 12th having Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized Board.
- The candidates who wish to get admission under the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at Indian Naval Academy also have passed 12th having Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized Board.
- The candidates must have fulfilled the physical eligibility criteria as mentioned by the Ministry of Defence required for different wings (Indian Army, Navy, and Airforce).
Selection procedure of NDA
“How to join NDA”, this is a quite common question for many candidates who wish to join NDA. Here you will get to know the stages to be qualified to get admission in NDA. The written examination is not the only stage to qualify to get an entry in NDA. The selection procedure for NDA consists of three stages- the Written entrance test, SSB Interview, and Medical Examination. The candidates who qualify all these stages will get admission to NDA to undergo training sessions. After the completion of training, the candidates will get posting in their respective departments.
Written Examination Pattern of NDA exam
It is good to start preparation as early as possible instead of keep on thinking “how to join NDA”. If you really aim to join the Indian Army, Navy or Airforce through NDA then you must start preparing from the beginning. You also should have knowledge of the examination pattern of NDA.
- The entrance exam of NDA will have 2 papers- Mathematics and General Ability Test. The General Ability Test will again have 2 parts- Part A (English) and Part B (General Knowledge).
- The total marks for the entrance exam will be 900. Out of which, 300 marks will be for Mathematics paper and the rest 600 will be for General Ability Test.
- The examination will be conducted through offline mode.
- The question paper will of MCQ type.
- The duration of the NDA entrance exam will be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- There will be a penalty for each incorrect answer (0.83 marks for Mathematics, 1.33 marks for English and GK).
- The question paper will be available both in Hindi and English.
Syllabus for NDA entrance exam
All the candidates should have complete knowledge about the NDA entrance exam syllabus. It will help them to prepare as per the prescribed syllabus of the NDA exam. As NDA exam has 2 papers- Mathematics and General Ability so you can go through the syllabus of both the paper as given below.
Syllabus for Mathematics
Mathematics syllabus includes the topics of Probability, Trigonometry, Algebra, Integral Calculus & Differential Equations, Vector Algebra, Analytical Geometry of Two & Three Dimensions, Matrices & Determinants, Determinant of a matrix, Types of Matrices, Statistics, etc.
Syllabus for General Ability
General Ability test id divided into 2 parts- Part A (English) & Part B (General Knowledge). Past A includes English vocabulary, Grammar, Comprehension & Cohesion in extended text to analyze the ability of the candidates in English subject. Whereas, Part B includes the topics of General Knowledge, Current Affairs, History, Geography, Chemistry, and Physics.
SSB Interview or Service Selection Board
The qualified candidates of the NDA written entrance exam will be called to attend the SSB Interview stage. SSB is another important and tough stage to be qualified to get success in NDA selection. It is a three-day interview schedule consisting of different tests and medical examinations. The qualified candidates of the SSB interview will be called for the next stage of NDA selection.
This is the final stage of NDA selection. The successful candidates of NDA will be eligible to attend medical examinations conducted by the Board of Service Medical Officers. The candidates declared medically fit by the Board will get admission to the NDA academy where they will undergo training for the specified time period.