Educational Qualification for Group X & Y Recruitment in Indian Air Force
1. For Group X candidate must have passed 10+2 with Mathematics, Physics, & English from a recognized educational board as a COBSE member and must have a min of 50% marks in total & 50%
marks in English.
2. They must have passed a 3-year diploma course in Engineering in any stream. Candidate must have completed this course through a recognized Govt. polytechnic institute which must have been listed through COBSE member
and candidate must have scored a min of 50% marks in total along with 50% marks in English Diploma it could be in 10+2/10th only if the subject English is not in Diploma course.
1. For Group Y a candidate must have qualified 10+2 with subjects approved by Central or State and listed under
COBSE member and must have scored a minimum of 50% total marks in English.
2. Candidate must have passed 2 years of vocational course from a recognized Educational Boards which is listed as COBSE member with a minimum of 50% marks in total along with 50% marks in English through a vocational course or it could be in 10+2/10th if English is not in Vocational Course.
1. Candidates of Group Y who are of Medical Assistant Trade only must have qualified their 10+2 or an equal
exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English from a recognized board listed under COBSE with a minimum of
50% marks in total along with 50% marks scored in English.
IMPORTANT NOTE – Candidates who are eligible for Group X can also be considered for Group Y they have the opportunity of appearing in both the exams of Group X & Y while applying for the online registration. Candidates who have a diploma are only eligible to appear for Group X trade.
AGE LIMITATION FOR THE CANDIDATES –
1. Candidates who are born on 17th January 2000 till 30th December 2003 are eligible to register for Group X & Y.
HOW TO APPLY FOR AIR FORCE GROUP X & Y –
1. Candidates who are interested in joining the air force group X & Y can visit the official website. The selection test will be available from 2nd January 2020 & will close on 20th January 2020. All applicants must make sure that they have a valid email ID and a mobile no. for registering online successfully, they must also carry an Aadhaar Card along with them.
Selection Criteria for Air force Group X & Y –
1. For Group X candidates will have to go through a written examination which will consist of objective type question paper which will be in both English & Hindi but not for the English exam. The time allotted will be of 60 min paper will be in English, Physics & Mathematics as for 10+2 CBSE format.
2. For Group Y the time allotted for them will be of 45 minutes and exam will consist of the following subjects English, Reasoning & General Awareness.
PHYSICAL FITNESS – Candidates who have qualified for the written exam must have to go through a physical exam which is Physical Fitness Test(PFT), it will consist of a 1.6Km running it should be completed in 6 min and 30 seconds. Candidates are then supposed to do 20 squats after that they must do 10 push-ups along with 10 situps. All candidates appearing for the physical exam must also carry their sports shoes & shorts.
ADAPTABILITY – Candidates who have qualified physical test are supposed to appear for adaptability which will consist of objective type question paper this will test the compatibility of the candidate for the Indian Air Force for which they will be appointed in various geographical, extreme weather and operational conditions.
ADAPTABILITY 2 – Candidates who have qualified for the adaptability test 1 will appear for the adaptability test 2, this test is conducted to test the candidates how well they can adapt to the decorum of the Indian Air Force in order to make them ready for the military way of life.
INTERVIEW – Candidates must then face the interview round in which they will be judged on their knowledge of working and English skills.
MEDICAL EXAMINATION – Candidates who will qualify the interview round will undergo a medical examination to check their health.
Candidates can join Dehradun Defence Academy to get the best NDA coaching in Dehradun for defence sector, we have highly trained professors who are all ex-servicemen they will provide you with perfect guidance and knowledge in order to make the candidate an officer in the defence sector. We believe in developing the overall personality of the candidate and provide them with practical knowledge in every subject. Our aim is to make the candidate a team leader and help them in overcoming their shortcomings and prepare them according to the defence sector routine. Course offered by our institute are NDA foundation course, CDS, AFCAT, CAPF, SSR, SSB, NAVY, AIR FORCE, ARMY, AIR FORCE GROUP X & Y, IMU CET & OTA