Following 33 difficult long periods of pause, on 01 July 2016, two Light Combat Aircrafts (LCA) were accepted into the Indian Air power. The task to deliver LCA initiated in 1983 and India’s at that point Prime Minister Shri Atal Behari Vajpayee gave the LCA name Tejas.
Features of LCA Tejas:
(1) Tejas is the 2nd aircraft made by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
(2) It is a single engine multi role lightweight supersonic aircraft with delta wing configuration, specially designed to increase agility and maneuverability in the air. It has the ability to convey three tons of weapons.
(3) It is furnished with basic operational capacities of Active Electronically Scanned Array Radar, Beyond Visual Range Missile, Electronic Warfare Suite and Air to Air Refueling, a strong stage to meet the operational prerequisites of Indian Air Force.
(4) It can be armed with air-to-air, air-to-ground and anti-ship missiles, precision-guided munitions, rockets and bombs. It has a 23mm twin barreled gun that can fire 50 rounds per second.
(5) The cockpit of the aircraft facilitates the view in all directions; it also has night vision capabilities. LCA has a fly-by-wire flight control system with integrated GPS and radio communication system. The aircraft is fitted with a general electric engine.
(6) Tejas can fly at a greatest speed of 2205 km/h and at a maximum height of 15200 meters. It has a range of 3000 km and can be refueled in the air also.
(7) It has Maximum payload capacity of 4000 kg.
join dehradun defence academy for the best nda coaching in dehradun:
Variants of Tejas:
(1) Tejas Trainer: two – seater operational conversion trainer for training air force pilots.
(2) LCA Navy: Twin- and single-seat carrier- fit for the Indian Navy.
(3) LCA Tejas Navy MK 2 : This is phase 2 of the LCA Navy variant.
(4) LCA Tejas Mk-1A: This is an improvement over the LCA Tejas Mk1 with a higher push motor.
new batches starts for nda coaching with schooling: