Indian Territorial Army is second line of defense. The present role of the TA is to assist civil administration in dealing with natural calamities and maintenance of essentials. One can join the Territorial Army as Officers and Junior Commissioned Officers. The Territorial Army provides opportunities for employed young men and women to join the Indian army.
Eligibility for Indian Territorial Army:
Nationality: Candidates must be citizens of India.
Age Limit: 18 – 42 years on the date of application.
Education Qualification: Graduate from any recognized university.
Employment: Gainfully Employed in Central Govt/Semi Govt /Pvt Firm/ Own business/Self Employed.
Join our academy for the Army coaching in dehradun :
****Serving Employees of Police & Paramilitary Forces are not eligible.
Exam: For civilians: Screening (Written exam and interview), SSB, Medical Board for final selection
Ex-Servicemen: Interview only
Exam duration: Two hours
Total Marks: 200
1) Short Essay
2) General Awareness (Political, Economical affairs, International Situation and Sports)
New batches start for nda foundation coaching after 10th :
Physical and Medical Standards: Candidates must be physically and medically fit in all respects.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
1) Mandatory two months training in a year.
2) Service in Territorial Army do not guarantee pension’
3) Pay and allowances will be the same as regular army officers.
4) Promotions upto Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria. Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by selection.
5) Officers commissioned in Infantry TA may be called out for military service for longer duration according to the requirement.
Read our latest update of best nda coaching after 10th :