The written stage has two papers, Mathematics (300 marks) and General Ability Test (600). The time duration for each paper is 2 hours and 30 minutes. In Mathematics, candidates will score 2.5 marks for the correct answers while 0.83 marks will be deducted for wrong answers. For a correct answer in GAT, four marks will be awarded to candidates while 1.33 marks will be deducted for wrong answers.
So we give you all the information about nda syllabus and preparation tips.
DETAILED NDA SYLLABUS AND PREPARATION TIPS:
PAPER -1: MATHEMATICS (300 Marks)
Concept of set, operations on sets, Venn diagrams, De Morgan laws, Cartesian product, relation, equivalence relation. Representation of real numbers on a line. Complex numbers—basic properties, modulus, argument, cube roots of unity. Binary system of numbers. Conversion of a number in the decimal system to binary system and vice-versa. Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions. Quadratic equations with real coefficients. Solution of linear inequalities of two variables by graphs. Permutation and Combination. Binomial theorem and its applications. Logarithms and their applications.
(2) Matrices and Determinants:
Types of matrices, operations on matrices. Determinant of a matrix, basic properties of determinants. Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix, Applications-Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method.
Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians. Trigonometric ratios. Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae. Multiple and Sub-multiple angles. Inverse trigonometric functions. Applications-Height and distance, properties of triangles.
(4) Analytical Geometry Of Two and Three Dimensions:
Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system. Distance formula. Equation of a line in various forms. Angle between two lines. Distance of a point from a line. Equation of a circle in standard and in general form. Standard forms of parabola, ellipse and hyperbola. Eccentricity and axis of a conic. Point in a three dimensional space, distance between two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios. Equation two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios. Equation of a plane and a line in various forms. Angle between two lines and angle between two planes. Equation of a sphere.
(5) Differential Calculus:
Concept of a real valued function–domain, range and graph of a function. Composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions. Notion of limit, Standard limits—examples. Continuity of functions – examples, algebraic operations on continuous functions. Derivative of function at a point, geometrical and physical interpretation of a derivative-application. Derivatives of sum, product and quotient of functions, derivative of a function with respect to another function, derivative of a composite function. Second order derivatives. Increasing and decreasing functions. Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima
Read our latest article for NDA Coaching after 10th:
(6) Integral Calculus and Differential Equations:
Integration as inverse of differentiation, integration by substitution and by parts, standard integrals involving algebraic expressions, trigonometric, exponential and hyperbolic functions. Evaluation of definite integrals—determination of areas of plane regions bounded by curves—applications. Definition of order and degree of a differential equation, formation of a differential equation by examples. General and particular solution of differential equations, solution of first order and first degree differential equations of various types—examples. Application in problems of growth and decay.
(7) Vector Algebra:
Vectors in two and three dimensions, magnitude and direction of a vector. Unit and null vectors, addition of vectors, scalar multiplication of a vector, scalar product or dot product of two vectors. Vector product or cross product of two vectors. Applications—work done by a force and moment of a force and in geometrical problems.
(8) Statistics and Probability:
Statistics: Classification of data, Frequency distribution, cumulative frequency distribution – examples. Graphical representation – Histogram, Pie Chart, frequency polygon—examples. Measures of Central tendency—Mean, median and mode. Variance and standard deviation determination and comparison. Correlation and regression.
Random experiment, outcomes and associated sample space, events, mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, impossible and certain events. Union and Intersection of events. Complementary, elementary and composite events. Definition of probability—classical and statistical—examples. Elementary theorems on probability—simple problems. Conditional probability, Bayes’ theorem—simple problems. Random variable as function on a sample space. Binomial distribution, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binomial distribution.
PAPER – 2: GENERAL ABILITY TEST (600)
GAT – Geography
- The Earth, its shape and size
- Ocean Currents and Tides Atmosphere and its composition
- Latitudes and Longitudes
- Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure, Planetary Winds, Cyclones and Anticyclones; Humidity; Condensation and Precipitation
- Concept of time
- Types of Climate
- International Date Line
- Major Natural Regions of the World
- Movements of Earth and their effects
- Regional Geography of India
- Climate, Natural vegetation. Mineral and Power resources;
- Location and distribution of agricultural and Industrial activities
- Origin of Earth. Rocks and their classification
- Important Sea ports and main sea, land and air routes of India
- Weathering—Mechanical and Chemical, Earthquakes and Volcanoes
- Main items of Imports and Exports of India
GAT – General Science
- Common Epidemics, their causes and prevention
- Difference between the living and nonliving
- Food—Source of Energy for man
- Basis of Life—Cells, Protoplasms and Tissues
- Constituents of food
- Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals
- Balanced Diet
- Elementary knowledge of Human Body and its important organs
- The Solar System—Meteors and Comets, Eclipses. Achievements of Eminent Scientists
- The General Science preparation can be done simply by going through the NCERT Notes for basic physics, chemistry and life science topics.
New batches starts for NDA Foundation Course in dehradun.
GAT – Chemistry
- Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbon Dioxide, Oxidation and Reduction.
- Acids, bases and salts.
- Carbon— different forms
- Physical and Chemical Changes
- Fertilizers—Natural and Artificial
- Material used in the preparation of substances like Soap, Glass, Ink, Paper, Cement, Paints, Safety Matches and Gunpowder
- Mixtures and Compounds
- Elementary ideas about the structure of Atom
- Symbols, Formulae and simple Chemical Equation
- Atomic Equivalent and Molecular Weights
- Law of Chemical Combination (excluding problems)
- Properties of Air and Water
GAT – Physics
- Physical Properties and States of Matter
- Modes of transference of Heat
- Mass, Weight, Volume, Sound waves and their properties
- Simple musical instruments
- Rectilinear propagation of Light
- Density and Specific Gravity
- Reflection and refraction
- Principle of Archimedes
- Spherical mirrors and Lenses
- Pressure Barometer
- Human Eye
- Motion of objects
- Natural and Artificial Magnets
- Velocity and Acceleration
- Properties of a Magnet
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Earth as a Magnet
- Force and Momentum
- Static and Current Electricity
- Parallelogram of Forces
- Conductors and Non-conductors
- Stability and Equilibrium of bodies
- Ohm’s Law
- Simple Electrical Circuits
- Elementary ideas of work
- Heating, Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current
- Power and Energy
- Measurement of Electrical Power
- Effects of Heat
- Primary and Secondary Cells
- Measurement of Temperature and Heat
- Use of X-Rays
- General Principles in the working of Simple Pendulum, Simple Pulleys, Siphon, Levers, Balloon, Pumps, Hydrometer, Pressure Cooker, Thermos Flask, Gramophone, Telegraphs, Telephone, Periscope, Telescope, Microscope, Mariner’s Compass; Lightning Conductors Safety Fuses.
GAT – Current Affairs:
- Prominent personalities of both Indian and International level, Cultural activities and sports activities, Current important world events.
- List of Neighbouring Countries of India
- List of Highest Mountains in India
- List of Longest Rivers in the World
- Tennis Grand Slam Winners
- List Of Indian Ambassadors to Foreign Countries
- List of Indian Navy Chief Admirals
- Daily Current Affairs
- Daily News Analysis
GAT – History, Freedom Movement etc:
- A broad survey of Indian History, with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation
- Freedom Movement in India
- Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration
- Understand the NDA syllabus, knowing syllabus in detail helps to strategize the study plan.
- Clear your basic concept by following the NCERT Books.
- Solve and analyze all the previous year papers.By solving previous year questions, your speed will be enhanced as well as you will get the idea about the NDA exam pattern and difficulty level of the questions.
- Identify your weak and strong areas, this will help you in making a proper study plan.
- Students get relaxed as they think they have prepared 100% & miss out the revision of important topics, this leads to their failure. So, always do topic wise revision.
- Read the newspaper daily, it will improve your current affairs and english.
- Allocate a deadline for every topic and try to complete it within that deadline.
- Do some physical activity, this will clear your mind and will help you study better. Also, get sleep of minimum of 6 hours daily.
- Make short notes which are handy and you can revise them without taking much time.
- Students should know how to manage their time. Try mastering the shortcut methods and save time. Don’t waste time solving a question that you don’t have any idea about.
- Reading newspapers will give you dual benefits, it will not just improve your knowledge of current affairs as well as build vocabulary.
These are the all detail about nda syllabus and preparation tips. If you want more information about Best NDA Coaching in Dehradun than visit our official site.