A three-year voluntary tour of duty
Indian armed forces have started to take innovative steps to counter the problems it faces. Tour of duty/note of duty is one such step that has come light.
What is the tour of duty:
Tour of duty is a three-year voluntary service in armed forces, through this scheme soldiers as well as officers will be recruited into Indian armed forces. It is mainly an excellent opportunity for the youths who do not want to make armed forces their permanent career choice and seeks thrill and adventure of defence services.
Advantages of the tour of duty for the government :
- Young recruits: India has a tremendous standing armed force, and this new step will help our nation in keeping the army young, and we will be able to replace soldiers and officers who take voluntary retirement quickly.
- Reduces the financial burden of government: the recruits under the tour of duty will receive the only salary for three years with no benefit of pension and gratuity. Each year government has to pay a tremendous amount in salary and gratuity to the retired officer and hence a large amount of defence budget goes in paying salary, pension, and gratuity only. Tour of duty will reduce this burden to a great extent and will allow us to invest in research and development.
Advantages of the tour of duty for recruits :
- Tackles unemployment: the problem of unemployment is rampant in our nation. And as the recruits under this programme will not be able to hold the post for more than three years, it will give a lot of young people a chance to be financially independent. They can save their salary and after three years can invest in their own business or anywhere they would like.
Further, their salary will be tax-free
- Relaxation and concessions in central, and state jobs: Our government plans to give the people who have served in the tour of duty programme age, merit and such other relaxations and concessions in public sector jobs. It will provide them with an extra edge.
- Relaxations in pot graduate programmes: they will also get quota or relaxation or preference in postgraduate programmes, there is a hint that this might happen.
- There is also an indication that for central and state government jobs, a three-year service under tour of duty might be made compulsory.
Dehradun Defence Academy is the Best NDA coaching institute in Dehradun. We aim to provide the best training for the NDA examination through practical knowledge and physical training. Teachers in our academy are all ex-servicemen who are highly experienced in providing defence sector training to candidates. We also provide Best Army Coaching in Dehradun for all candidates. Our objective is to provide quality education to candidates with affordable fees structure and good infrastructure facilities.
We conduct weekly tests, group discussions, and quiz competitions to check the candidate’s knowledge and provide them training accordingly. Courses offered by the academy are NDA, CDS, SSB, SSR, SSC, COAST GUARD, OTA, AFCAT, ARMY, AIR FORCE, NAVY, MERCHANT NAVY, AIR FORCE GROUP X & Y, CAPF, and ARMY GD CLERK.
Interested Candidates can contact us by providing their details below –