Physical & Medical Standards for CDS Candidates :
Union Public Sevice Commission (UPSC) conducts Combined Defence Services (CDS) exam to screen eligible young men and women for admission. Here are we provide you the criteria of physical & medical standards for CDS candidates.
***Note: Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on the inner face of the forearm and on the reverse side of the palm. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable. Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
join us for cds coaching in dehradun:
HEIGHT AND WEIGHT STANDARDS FOR MALES:
Height in (cm) Weight in Kg Weight in Kg Weight in Kg
(Without shoes) 18 years 20 years 22 years
152 44 46 47
155 46 48 49
157 47 49 50
160 48 50 51
162 50 52 53
165 52 53 55
168 53 55 57
170 55 57 58
173 57 59 60
175 59 61 62
178 61 62 63
180 63 64 65
183 65 67 67
185 67 69 70
188 70 71 72
190 72 73 74
193 74 76 77
195 77 78 79
Note: For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North-Eastern region of India, Garhwali and Kumaon, the Minimum acceptable height will be 5 cms less. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
****The Table above is to be considered within the normal limit. However, in individuals with heavy bones and broad built as well as individuals with thin built but otherwise healthy this may be relaxed to some extent.
Special batches starts for – NDA Coaching after 10th:
HEIGHT AND WEIGHT STANDARDS FOR FEMALES:
Height in (cm) Weight in Kg Weight in Kg Weight in Kg
(Without shoes) 20 years 25 years 30 years
148 39 41 43
150 40 42 43.5
153 42 43.5 45
155 43 44 46
158 45 46 48
160 46 47 49
163 47 49 51
165 49 51 53
168 50 52 54
****The acceptable weight for Air Force candidates will be ± 10% of the average weight given below:—
(1) Chest should be well developed. The minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 cms. X-Ray of the chest is compulsory and will
be taken to rule out any disease of the chest.
(2) There should be no piles.
(3) The hearing should be normal. A candidate should be able to hear a forced whisper with each ear at a distance of 610 cms. in a quiet room.
(4) There should be no disease of bones and joints of the body.
(5) There should be no evidence of present or past disease of the ear, nose and throat.
(6) There should be no sign of functional or organic disease of the heart and blood vessel. Blood pressure should be normal.
(7) A candidate should have no past history of mental breakdown or fits.
(8) Any disease of the skin which is likely to cause disability will cause rejection.
(9) Inguinal Hernia (Un-operated) will be a cause for rejection. Those who have been operated may be declared medically fit, provided:-
(i) One year has elapsed since operation, documentary proof to this aspect is to be produced.
(ii) General tone of the abdominal musculature is good.
(iii) Surgical scar is well healed without any gaping.
(iv) There has been no recurrence to hernia.
(10) Candidates be free from AIDS.
(11) Urine examination will be done, and any abnormality will be a cause for rejection.
(12) The muscles of the abdomen should be well developed and there should be no enlargement of the liver. Any evidence of
disease of internal organs of the abdomen will be a cause for rejection.
(13) Carrying angle of the elbow should not be more than 15° and 18° among males and females respectively.
Read our latest article – NDA Foundation Course in Dehradun:
The minimum acceptable visual acuity: Distant Vision (corrected) better eye 6/6, worse eye 6/18, myopia of not more than minus 3.50 including astigmatism.
****Candidates who have under-gone Radial Keratotomy to improve the visual acuity, will be permanently rejected; aslo candidates who have undergone Laser Surgery for correction of refractive error will be permanently rejected.
***Candidates who have undergone LASER Surgery for correction of refractive error will be considered for commission in Army if they fulfill following criteria:—
(i) Age more than 20 years.
(ii) Uncomplicated laser procedure done for Myopia or Hypermetropia, with stable refraction for a period of six months after the procedure.
(iii) Axial length within permissible limits.
(iv) Corrected vision should be 6/6 in better eyes and 6/9 in worse eyes, with maximum residual refraction of + 1.50 in
any meridian for myopia or hypermetropia.
(v) A healthy retina.
The candidates should have sufficient numbers of natural and sound teeth. Minimum of 14 dental points will be acceptable. When 32 teeth are present, the total dental points are 22. A candidate should not be suffering from severe pyorrhoea.
ADDITIONAL MEDICAL STANDARDS FOR SIR FORCE CANDIDATES ONLY:
(1) Candidates who habitually wear spectacles are not eligible for the Air Force.
(2) Minimum distant vision 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other correctable to 6/6.
(3) Candidates who have undergone PRK/LASIK may be considered fit for the Air Force in all branches.
***At least 12 months should have elapsed post uncomplicated stable PRK/LASIK with no history or evidence of any complication.
*** PRK/LASIK surgery should not have been carried out before the age of 20.
***The axial length of the eye should not be more than 25.5 mm as measured by IOL master.
***The post PRK/LASIK corneal thickness as measured by a corneal pachymeter should not be less than 450 microns.
These are the most important physical & medical standards for cds candidates.
For more information visit our official site – Dehradun Defence Academy.